Fun graphic courtesy of ASPCA
The gorgeous month of October is nearly at its half-way point...which means you have 17 days remaining to add your voice to the #31DaysOfRescueDogs Campaign, generously co-sponsored by the ASPCA and Animal Planet.
October is Adopt A Shelter Dog Month, and what better way to shine a spotlight on all the gorgeous dogs waiting at shelters for their forever home, than to launch a fun social media campaign to help raise funds for homeless pets? Here's what you and all of your family and friends can do to participate in this month's festivities:
1. Tell all of your friends and social media followers that you'll be participating in the #31DaysOfRescueCampaign.
2. Post one photo of your favorite rescue dog for 31 days on social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) using the hashtag #31DaysOfRescueDogs.
3. Encourage your friends to donate $1 a day in exchange for 31 days of adorable photos ($31 goes a long way for shelter dogs in need!). And, let them know that everyone who donates will get a dedicated 31 Days Of Rescue Dogs temporary tattoo!
4. Share your favorite photos for a chance to be featured on Animal Planet during the Pit Bulls and Parolees marathon, submit your photo here!
5. The top three fundraisers will win prizes from the ASPCA and its great partner, Animal Planet.
On top of all that fun, @ASPCA will be hosting a #TrickOrTreats HOWLoween Twitter Trivia party on Tuesday, October 25, 2016, at 2:00PM EST. They'll be lots of prizes so stop by if you can!
Here's a photo of Parental Unit's favorite rescue dog...
Photo Credit: John Clark