Thank you so much for submitting your dog's rescue story to Bocci's Beefs! We will be using these stories in a book about, you guessed it, rescued dogs! Joan DeMartin will serve as the book's editor, unless or until this book is officially accepted by a publisher, which is our first choice.
Rachel, of Rachel Lauren Photography will serve as the book's Director of Photography.
If you want more information about this planned book, before, during or after the time you submit your story, please feel free to e-mail me at: email@example.com We also can schedule a time to talk if you'd like-I know how much these stories mean to you.
We reserve the right to:
__Choose which stories to include in the book, and
__ Edit the stories to fit our vision of the book.
Here are the guidelines:
1. Please keep your story to a maximum of 2000 words, using plain, easily readable, 12 point font. Please double space the copy.
2. Please include any and all information that you think is important to help tell you and your dog's rescue story, including what has happened before, during, and after you brought your new dog home. I'd love to focus these stories (and thus the book), on the rehabilitation that so many of these dogs need after being rescued. This rehabilitation process is such a beautiful reflection of the bond that develops between human and dog, and also provides a stark contrast to the abuse and cruelty that dog might have suffered at the hands of other humans. You may also want to include in your story what you believe rescuing a dog means to you, your family, and maybe even our society.
3. Please include several high resolution jpgs of your dog with your story. Please have one of these pictures of only the dog, if possible.
4. Please include your contact information including:
Your full name and address, and e-mail address and phone number. None of this information will be shared with anyone for any purpose! We must be able to contact you, if necessary, during the editing process, and to be able to mail you a free copy of the book, which every contributor, whose story is chosen for the book, will receive!
Please indicate whether you would like the names in your story to be changed to protect your privacy (or you can change the names before turning it in). If you do not specifically indicate that you want the names changed, we will leave them as submitted.
6. Please include the following sentence at the bottom of your copy:
"I hereby grant full first publication rights of this story to Joan DeMartin for use in her book about rescued dogs, and I relinquish any and all rights I may have to this story, including any proceeds generated therefrom, once it is submitted to Joan DeMartin."
And following this sentence, please include a signature line with your name typed on that line.
Note: At least 50% of the after tax profits from the sale of this book will be donated to no-kill animal shelters chosen from votes from our Followers.
Please submit your dog rescue stories and the additional required information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks! And if you have any questions at all, feel free to e-mail me here: email@example.com